BRH Open Again to Visitors from April 5th
21 March 2021
We are delighted to announce that the British Retirement Home will be able to open their doors to visitors from Monday 5th April.
The terms under which the visits can take place are subject to strict compliance with the guidelines issued by the Health Authority (Direcção-Geral de Saúde). They are unchanged from the previous period of lockdown when visits were permitted again.
We look forward to maintaining BRH and our visiting area “Clean & Safe” for everyone.
- Visit per week per Resident, to be booked beforehand with Pam. (In accordance with Guidelines of D.G.Saúde)
Visiting Hours as follows:
- 10h00 – 11h00
- 11h15 – 12h00
- 12h15 – 13h00
- 14h00 – 15h00
- 15h15 – 16h00
- 16h15 – 17h00
- 17h15 – 18h00
The above allow sufficient time between each visit for sanitising purposes.
- Temperatures taken upon arrival
- All visitors must be registered. (In accordance with the Guidelines of D.G.Saúde)
- Visitors are only allowed in the designated area where hand sanitising, appropriate clothing (shoe covers, headcovers, surgical masks) will be administered accordingly. These will all be supplied by the BRH. (In accordance with the Guidelines of D.G.Saúde)
- Social distance to be maintained during all visits. (In accordance with Guidelines of D.G.Saúde)
- Any gift brought for your family/guest must be in their original sealed packaging and handed to the office for disinfecting before entering the “Visiting Area”. Flowers are discouraged as they need to go through a 24hr disinfecting process. Newspapers are not allowed and magazines must be in a sealed packet.)
- No smoking or eating permitted.
- Please avoid bringing personal effects into the area, e.g handbags, mobile telephones, laptops etc. (In accordance with the Guidelines of D.G.Saúde
- If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case within 14 days, BRH cannot accept your visit. (In accordance with the Guidelines of D.G.Saúde)
- If you do not feel well, no matter what type of symptom, please postpone your visit.
BRH has the right to make any alterations to the above at any time and if we feel that your family member is not well enough to receive visitors, we shall advise you immediately and reschedule your visit.
We trust that you will help BRH keep Covid-19 free not only for the Residents but for all our Staff, by adhering to the above, as our Residents are looking forward to receiving visitors again.